A static website contains Web pages with fixed content which we either receive from our client or the client asks us to produce. Each page is coded in CSS, HTML and displays the same information to every visitor. Static sites are the most basic type of website and are the cheaper to create. Unlike dynamic websites which use a content management system, a static website does not require database design. A static site can be built by simply creating a few CSS HTML pages and publishing them to a Web server. Since static Web pages contain fixed code, the content of each page does not change unless it is manually updated by the webmaster.
Benifits of Having a Static Website...
Having a static website is means having a simple website design which is cost effective and beneficial for a small enterprises or an individual to expand their business through out the web. Through static website, individuals or small business's can place simple information relative to their company and/or products in simple manner and at low cost. The Static website is very useful for expanding the market of a company with its information and simple appearance on Internet.
Static Websites are cheaper ...
- Less hassle with the server
Advantages of Static Websites
- Over-all Lower once-off cost
- The page loads faster than a dynamic site page.
- Cheaper hosting required than a dynamic site, due to using less bandwidth and server resources than a dynamic websites.
- Developer independent. A dynamic websites is usually built in a specific way, with a specific layout and framework, and thus requires a developer with a specific coding skill set to manage the over all dynamic website, whereas static a website consist's of mainly CSS/html, which is practically common knowledge, and any developer should be able to assist you with maintenance or improvements.
Disadvantage of a Static Website
- Big Change of it having a higher maintenance costs if the content changes very often.
- No user registration required, or advanced functionality usually connected with a dynamic website.
- A static website is not dependent on a web-developer to make changes, which can be a problem during public holidays, or at short notice, whereas with a database driven website you can make changes to the content 24/7.